Speedy Beef Curry
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Cooking Time under 25 minutes
450g thin cut beef steaks
4 tsp rapeseed or olive oil
1 onion peeled and sliced
2 tbsp Thai masaman curry paste
400ml Coconut Milk
2tspd crunchy peanut butter
150ml hot beef or lamb stock
450g potatoes unpeeled and cut into quarters
Salt and freshly milled black peppers
25g roughly chopped coriander
- Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick pan, add the onion and cook for 2 – 3 minutes
- Stir in the half the curry paste and cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the coconut milk, peanut butter and stock to the pan. Bring to the boil. Add the potatoes, reduce the heat. Cover and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked.
- In a separate non-stick pan heat the remaining oil, add the beef strips and the remaining curry paste. Stir-fry for 2-3 mins and add to the coconut and potato mixture heat through for a minute.
- Garnish the curry with peanuts, if used and freshly chopped coriander. Serve with boiled rice and flatbreads.
Note: This recipe contains nuts
Order your beef by Tuesday every week for home delivery on Thursday – see our online shop
Check our delivery area terms to see if we deliver to your area.